Thursday, April 28, 2016

Ceracolors Class at Artiscape: A New Kind of Wax



The third class I taught at Artiscape* was "Ceracolors Still Lifes." Ceracolors are water-soluble wax paints--don't ask me how this is possible, but it is, and it's great! I seem to have photographed only a portion of the pieces created in this very fun class, but the images posted here will give you an idea of the variety of effects you can get with this paint. 

*See my Artiscape collage class information and photos on my other blog.

Ceracolors can be used with water, like gouache or watercolor, or mixed with Ceracolors fluid and gel mediums. Several students have told me they are going to continue in this medium after class. In class we used this paint on paper and on panel. Amazingly, the birch panels didn't have to be gessoed before painting! 




















1 comment:

  1. beautiful paintings. You are tempting me Serena but I will NOT buy Ceracolors! I need to practice and play much more with the cold wax:)

    ReplyDelete